Family Promise of Greater Chattanooga Day and Overnight Shelter Programs are for homeless families with children. If you and your children are seeking shelter please review the guidelines below and give us a call at (423)756-3891 to begin the intake process. We look forward to serving you!
*No applications are accepted from out of town families. Families must be in the Greater Chattanooga area to begin the application process. If you are relocating to Chattanooga you can begin the intake process once you are in Chattanooga.*
*Beds can NOT be saved or held for families*
Day and Overnight Shelter Intake Process
- Initial phone intake is completed with family seeking shelter.
- Phone intake information is reviewed by the Case Manager who will then contact applicant to schedule date and time for in person drug-screen and criminal background check, if there are beds available in the shelter.
- If there are no beds currently available, the family is placed on the waitlist.
- Waitlist is determined by time and date of initial contact.
- Once beds become available Case Manager contacts the individual next in line on the waitlist.
- If the applicant on the waitlist is not able to be reached by the Case Manager via phone, email, and text the Case Manager will progress to the next applicant on the waitlist.
- Applicant comes to the Day Center to complete the in-person drug screen and background check.
- Once the applicant passes the drug screen and background check the family is brought into the Day and OVernight Shelter Program