Like any family with children, we’re always in need of certain daily items, such as cleaners, toiletries, pantry staples, home supplies, etc. And, like any non-profit, we are always in need of volunteers and their generosity. In other words, we need you! Currently we’re looking for…
Family Day Center
- Paper towels, tissues, toilet paper
- Baby wipes, diapers, and Pull-Ups in all sizes
- Lysol spray, glass cleaner, clothes detergent, fabric softener, tub & tile cleaner, anti-bacterial hand soap, furniture polish, bleach, 13 gallon kitchen trash bags
- Building blocks and Legos
- Educational toys
- Pack ‘n Plays
- New booster and car seats – We have been advised to no longer accept or use used booster and car seats as they often do not meet the new, upgraded safety standards, and those that may have been in accidents are no longer safe to use
- 33 gallon trash bags
- Gas cards
- Bus passes for appointments and job searches
- Umbrellas and pocket calendars
- Deodorant, tampons
- Tool kits
- Backpacks for school
- Gift Certificates to Wal-Mart, K Mart, Target, etc. to purchase school uniforms and supplies for children, and miscellaneous household items when they move into their homes
- Alarm clocks
- Welcome baskets for when families move into new housing. Suggested items include: Large laundry basket, detergent for clothes and dishes, fabric softener, bleach, dishtowels, mop, broom, bucket, dustpan, glass cleaner, furniture cleaner, floor cleaner, toilet cleaner, alarm clock, tool kit, umbrella, bath soap, toilet paper, paper towels, shower curtain and hooks
- Children’s summer camp items – Beach towels, sunscreen, water bottles, swim suits, tennis shoes
- Bed pillows (new)
- Laundry detergent
- Grant Writing—Do you like to write and have experience? We can use your skills to access funding.
- Fundraising—Organize your co-workers, classmates, club members, or congregations to hold a fundraiser or collect donations of needed items
- Sponsorship—You or your company enlist as a sponsor at our annual signature fundraising event, Low Country Boil.
- Speakers—Help us spread our story of helping homeless families regain their independence to congregations, clubs, college classes, companies and agencies.
- More Host Congregations and Support Congregations
- Do you know of job opportunities? Help us find jobs for our parents. Call our office with details at (423) 756-3891.
- Are you at home with some time and a telephone to spare? We need someone to contact area attractions and special events for tickets so our families can enjoy an activity together.
- Money is always gratefully accepted, and we are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Checks can be made to Family Promise of Greater Chattanooga, PO Box 1146, Chattanooga, TN 37401.
- Transportation assistants—Provide transportation for guests to look for housing, employment, and referral appointments.
- Volunteers—Shop for items needed for guests, office and day center, or help with daily work at the Day Center. Click on our Volunteer Application to get started now.
- Help at our Family Day Center—We need help with reading to children, moving the lawn and other landscaping chores, cleaning, playing games with children, providing a craft or party at the day center or weekend lunches.
Because we are unique in our mission to support and end family homelessness, our needs list may seem a bit long and detailed, but over the years our experience has shown us what best benefits our families and their situations. Hopefully you have discovered an item or two that are ideal for you to contribute.